We’ve been connecting people in India for the past six decades, starting in 1960 when Air India placed its trust in the JT3D-powered Boeing 707-437. Since then we’ve gone on to power hundreds of passenger aircraft – from regional turboprops to domestic workhorses to international jumbo jets. Some of the platforms we're on include:
- The Pratt & Whitney GTF™ engine powers Airbus A320neo and A321neo aircraft operated by IndiGo and GoAir. Find out more about the GTF in India here.
- Our V2500 engine powers Airbus A320ceo aircraft operated by IndiGo and Vistara. The V2500 engine fleet has a dispatch reliability rate higher than 99.96%.
- Our PW150 engine powers a large and growing fleet of De Havilland Dash 8 aircraft operated by SpiceJet.
- Our PW100 engine powers several regional airlines who operate ATR aircraft including Air India’s Alliance Air, IndiGo and Trujet.
Pratt & Whitney EngineWise™ services help our airline customers optimize their engines’ performance and keep their fleets running smoothly. We’re investing in new technologies like big data, developing new service offerings, improving communication channels to support customers and adding new maintenance facilities like Air India Engineering Services Limited.
Indian operators of our turboprop, turboshaft and small turbofan engines serve their communities with emergency medical services (EMS), by connecting remote towns to larger cities and by responding to natural disasters when they strike. Some of our engines being flowin in country include:
- The PT6T Twin-Pac® engines power Bell 412 helicopters in offshore energy, utility, corporate and firefighting missions throughout India.
- PW200 engines are the choice for light, twin-engine helicopters like the Leonardo AW109, Bell 429 and Airbus H135, which fly air taxi and air charter, corporate, utility and EMS missions.
- The legendary PT6A engine powers several general aviation aircraft in India, including the Beechcraft King Air.
- PT6 E-Series™ engine the latest addition to our iconic PT6 engine family. Launched on the Pilatus PC-12 NGX, the engine raised the bar in engine performance, control systems, data intelligence and service solutions.
- PW300 engines power business aircraft like the Dassault Falcon 2000, 7X and 8X. Our Falcon 2000 customers in India can benefit from line maintenance at Taj Air.
- PW800 engines have been chosen to power the latest generation of long-range business jets including the Gulfstream G500 and G600 and the Dassault Falcon 6X.
Our business and general aviation customers benefit from a growing service network, digital engine services like FAST™ full-flight data and advanced oil analysis technology, and a suite of maintenance programs and solutions to meet each of our customer’s unique needs.
To learn more about our presence in India, please click here.